• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 2500 xp temp question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juice175

Registered
I have this oc just to the 3200 speeds. I have a abit nf7-s motherboard, a slk 900-a heatsink and a smartcase fan 2 as the fan. I'm also using artic silver 5 thermal paste.

I have 4 case fans 1 intake and 3 outake fans.

My cpu runs at 31-33 idle and jumps to 40-41 when playing City of Heroes. Is that normal? Do I maybe need a better fan or try re-seating the heatsink?

I was also thinking about getting a mobile 2500...would I need better cooling to actually oc that sucker? Thanks.

Since number of transistors inside a CPU switching from 0 to 1 and 1 to 0 increases as the utilization going from idle, to light load, to medium load, to full load. More switching means more CPU active power dissipation and hence higher temperature.

I find that going from idle to full load (such as Prime95), the Tbred B/Barton temperature would increase by about 8 C - 12 C on air, depending on the level of the overclocking, from 2.3 - 2.6 GHz respectively.

I think that is perfectly normal.But i sudjest you for better thermal results to use Artic Silver 3.What is your cooling system?

my temps idle for the system in my sig is 32C and under load using prime 95 maximum heat I hit 37C with a case Temp of 26C.
Your temps are looking just fine, nothing to worry about. Before I got my SLK-900A I had my stock cooler and idle temps were 42C and load temps 52C

Back