• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to clamp a tec for an RBX block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sami_la

Registered
I know the RBX has a small footprint and does not cover the full area of the tec, but i was thinking of sandwiching the tec between two copper plates first, and then slapping the RBX on. My problem is how am is supposed to clamp these two plates without obstructing the area of the cpu, because obviously if i have a piece of metal in the way, the plate will not make full contact with the cpu. I don't want to short anything out either on the board. I also heard i need a great deal of clamping pressure in order for the tec to work effectively. How much is too much? And, i currently have a 350w enermax EG365P-VE that has 26A on the 12v line. Would it be able to endure 24/7 supply for the tec if i dedicate it to the tec? Actually, just one more question, what can i use that is easily accessible to in order to protect the board from condensation appart from luberex and polypropylene or whatever that black pad is called? I couldn't find liquid electrical tape anywhere i looked.

that's quite possibly the worst block u could ever use for a tec.

you really want a tc-4 or similar.

also that lucite top is going to crack under the heat load. so you need an aluminum top for sure.

how many watts is the tec also? you are going to need to mention that.

my advice would be to not run a tec off of a pc psu. it probably a) won't run efficiently, b) might catch on fire :p

anyways tecs are really uselss on high clocked cpus putting out lots of watts, especially if you already have a very good water block.

it's not worth the hassle, time, energys bill, and high rate of failure associted with tec use.

sell the tec, that extra psu, and your water cooling. then just get a prometia if you think you can go higher.

Back