• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reversable way to change voltage without BIOS or jumpers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

I had to downgrade motherboard other day due to my fancy MSI kt6 delta dying ón me. Now the motherboard i have has bios options to change the frequency and also FSB setting jumpers. But no way to change the voltage so I doubt ill get it far at stock volts of 1.5. Does anyone know a safe way to chaneg voltage which is reversable should i need to set it back? I basically dont want to cut bridges as 1) i cant change that back easily and 2) ive made mistakes cutting them before ruining a CPU. Any idea appreciated, thanks George.

dippy_skoodlez said:
Socket wire trick?

Either that LINK

or painting the L11 bridges with conductive ink
LINK
Note: This link is for Tbird/Duron, but it works the same way for the Tbreds, only on Tbreds the voltage bridges are L11s not the L7s.

I thought you could do it with the socket wire, thanks for the info ill gove it a go when i feel like taking out the CPU.
Oh and when you say that the bridges are the same way on tbreds you mean the same as in its the same arrangement but on the L11s?

Back