• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modded Mach II pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WxChaser

Here's a few pics of my modded Mach II. Running r404a with custom cap tube length, new baker block and evap housing, Simpson M240 LCD readout with K type thermocouple in milled trap in evaporator.

DSC01605.JPG

DSC01603.JPG
DSC01601.JPG
DSC01599.JPG

Currently using IC7 Max3 with P4 3.4 @ 4.1 to 4.4 GHz (run every day around 4.1 unless benching). OCZ 2x256 PC3700 Gold rev II, 2 Raptor 36GB drives plus 80GB WD IDE drive with dual boot xp & Suse Linux Professional.

Pics were running dual prime @ ~ -52f. At boot temp is approximately -60 to -67f dependent on room temperature. Under load doesn't get down below -52f.

4.21cpuz.JPG

4.21sysproperties.JPG

Had to make my own mounting system - so I used 6/32 inch threaded rod, cut out a lexan block for rear plate, then sealed with neoprene around socket and front of rear plate.

mountedrearplate.jpg

sideviewrearplate.jpg

New baker block evap head below:

evapimprint.jpg

At boot up-

-60.jpg

Backlit by 2 blue Hyper Lights - one behind silver glass above condensor fan and another below rear exhaust fan in Lian Li PC 65 (running dual instances of prime @ 4.05GHz in this pic):

DSC01601.JPG

Looking good. I like the simplicity of the mounting system. Are you getting good cpu contact with the block? With the stock setup on my mach 1 it seems to only touch 90% of the cpu. Any more pics?

i luv how ur desk is so clean and stuff..UNLIKE MOST PEOPLE HERE
*glares at everyone hehe
JK
why..are u running linux?..im just wondering..

Are you getting good cpu contact with the block?
Very good contact as you can tell from the thermal imprint pic...always do a test fit first.

Bench using 3d01 and 03...Aquamark...SuperPi, etc.

Those r some really good temps u should slap a 3.4EE in there and crank that and c if u can get around 4.5
Getting close to that now and the price for the EE is steep, rather run an fx-53 when the 939 pins come out.

why..are u running linux?..im just wondering..
For fun. It's on the 80 gig drive which has dual boot with XP & Suse Linux Professional. Usually I change the boot order & just boot off one of my raptors which has XP. I like playing with different OS's.

Back