• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My o/c progess for those interested.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StoneRyno

After the several weeks of learning and trial and error I am now at a sure to be stable o/c as my sig says that is my current config. Which is a good deal from not knowing much of anything before I started. The case was upgraded from a raidmax 208.

An update on temps for anyone that read my previous posts. MBM 5 readings at full load case 40c, CPU core 47c, CPU ext. 37c, Misc. 36c (i still don't know what for sure what the case and misc ones are really sensing it was suggested that one of them might be the northbrigde.) With the new case came a HardCano temp sensor I have it dangling in the middle of the case and it reads 25.1c With this it leads me to believe that the case and misc temps read other stuff or are in hot spots of the case.

I was very suprised to find that my ram would o/c to 166(333) without any added voltage. It passed 3 hours of memtest86+ standard test I think it was 4 or 5 passes with no errors and in prime95 I did the blend torture test and it passed with no errors after 14 hours. This was with the cpu at 166x9 5:2:1 and default voltage.

I then proceeded to start raising the cpu multiplier 0.5 increments testing 12-14 hours each step at max heat torture test (large FFTs i think?). each step passed to my current setup of 166x11.

My final test is a custom settings one. I used the settings of the blend and upped the min size to 128. I'll run this for 14 hours and see how it does. I will then proceed and try to go a little more and will hopefully reach my goal of 2 ghz.

I have read posts about doing a small duct like spacer between the hs and fan. I am concidering doing this with a homemade version of the thermatake ducktingmod http://www.thermaltake.com/accessories/DuctingMod.htm

My ideas so far are CD case plastic covers or pvc pipe or similar thing if it comes in clear. I would likely have to make a way for it to mount to the hs and then a way to mount the fan to the other end like in the thermaltake product. My other idea was ducting it to the outside of the case but I am still not sure what to do as i read alot of posts talking about it but no good pics of how to do it and best way to do it.

Thanks for reading and if you have any suggestions please do let me know.

Back