• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory oc required for cpu ocing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLOB

im geting Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200LLPT TwinX ram and a mobile 2600+ with the nf7-s v2 board... would i have to mess with the ram at all in order to overclock the cpu? x.x;; (never oced before)

Nope. You could just leave the memory at it's 200MHz stock and overclock the CPU from there. It is, in fact, quite a nice starting point. However, you've going to want to overclock your memory ultimately, as it helps just as much, if not more, as overclocking your CPU in adding performance.

No all u have to do is raise ur FSB up, and make sure ur FSB/CPU ratio is @ 1:1.

To make it 1:1 ratio just set the FSB/CPU ratio to 3/3 5/5 or 6/6. Its a horrible idea tokeep the system on Auto. The Athlon's need a equal ratio with the ram. So if u run the cpu say @ 220fsb and the ram @ 200 ur stystem performance will be cut in half since they dont like running outa sYnc with eachother.

It isnt very complicated.

ok.. if i get an athlon xp3200+ and the same memory..and i dont overclock at all i wouldnt have to mess with anything right?

Yes - theoretically (asuming your mobo supports that cpu) it should boot up at the correct frequency - though sometimes you have to manually adjust the settings in the bios to get the corect frequency. (multi and FSB)

Back