• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DLT3C dying?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CharlesHF

I've been running my 1700+ DLT3C 0310XPMW at 2.288 (183*12.5 @ 1.775vcore) for a long time now. Here's my quick computer specs:
Epox 8rda+
CPU (see above)
cooling--maze2 H2O....needs new parts; explained later on.
Corsair XMS 3200 512MB (one stick)
Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
2 maxtor 80GB 7200rpm 8mb cache
431watt Enermax Whisper PSU

Occasionally my computer would just.....die...in Server 2003. Not exactly sure why; in the Event Viewer it was that it was a 6008, telling me some kind of inconsistency between the brower and server services and restarting would fix it. This was once every two to three weeks. Doing that usually fixed it. Recently it's been every day or every other day...it has happened a lot today!
I brought the overclock down to 180*12.5; same thing.
Killed the overclock completely (11*133 @ 1.5vcore) and it was fine. Tried it again at my normal overclock except at 1.825 and then 1.9vcore, still died.

Right now I'm at 200*10 at 1.65vcore (not sure about the vcore...) and it seems to work fine. (wth??)

Due to a crappy H2O system and lots of dust my system has been working at 50-55*C full load all day for a while doing F@H without a hitch. Could this have killed the CPU? I'm pretty sure that it didn't....
Right now if I put it back to my normal overclock and vcore it'll stay in Windows2k3 for about 2 minutes before it dies.

Description of "death:"
The screen goes black and my hard drive light stays on, but there are no error codes on my 8rda+. Usually my 5v rail stays around 4.84v (??) for my normal overclock. Any ideas?
Could it be my motherboard and not my CPU?
I'm quite experienced in overclocking but I've never seen this before...It has me pretty frazzled as I'm going off to college this coming August and I definitely don't need a dead computer.

i had the same thing, i think it was just getting worn out, kept asking for more vcore for overclocks, i eventually just tossed the thing and got a mobile

Do you have another CPU to put in to identify whether it is a CPU or motherborad or PSU problem?

How many months has the DLT3C 1700+ been running as you specified 2.2+ GHz, 1.7+ V, 50-55 C?

If I knew I'd tell you.....I know it's a while. My room is rather small and I keep the door closed so sometimes my room temp (yes, room temp) is 82*F (no typo!) So my CPU will get rather warm. I do have another CPU somewhere around here but that would require teh removal of my waterblock....too much work, lol....perhaps another day.

I know that CPU's die, but geez....you'd think it'd last longer than this!:eek:

Pity about that. Week 10s seem to be the absolute greatest of all T-Bred Bs.

It could be that it is dying. But it could be the motherboard. 6 months ago or so I broke a motherboard, when I would turn it on I would get power to the drives but absolutely no output to the screen. I went through every part and finally decided it was the mobo. No beep codes, nothing.

So if you could try your CPU in another motherboard, I think that would be more helpful than testing another CPU in your current board.

You're not at 2.3 GHz, and it isn't a huge amount of volts. Sure, more heat and more volts will decrease the life of a processor, but not by that much. At stock it should last 10 years or so.

Certainly though, do some testing to see if it is the CPU or the motherboard. Sort out your cooling, with watercooling it should be much cooler. And raise that FSB! You have your RAM underclocked. Try 200*11.5 to get to approx where you currently are just now.

Out of curiosity, why Server 2K3?

Because it was free from MSFT (180-day free trial) and I decided I'd try it out. Seems to work fine other than this...

I'll work on this sometime this summer when I get a chance...I'm graduating high school this coming Saturday so I have a few things to do between now and then and I just don't feel like tearing my computer apart.

Yah, I tried 200*11.5 @ 1.8vcore and no go. :(

the probleme is not on the cpu,mobo or video card
i had this and fixed it
first :go to the bios and set your normal setting (overclocked) that u have used before (183*12.5 @ 1.775vcore)save change and exit

know if u get in the windows or when loading windows your screen goes black turn off your system remouve the atx connector from your mobo ,remouve cable from your psu
leave them 5 to 6 min them set them back .power your pc it should work without probleme.
all the probleme is in the +3.3v line it dont give enough power to your video card
your psu is dying. :(
please pm to me with any news
good luck

The +3.3v rail seems to be a logical explanation, according to MBM5 the averags hovers at around 2.69v. I was always kinda skeptical though, thinking that this was measuring the vdimm since I have my vdimm set around this voltage level.
Hmmm....Thanks!

voltage reading software maybe wrong just check the voltage with mutimetre .i had q-tec psu the +3.3v go to 3.6v and then screen goes black

My 1700 0310 DLT3C XPMW is starting to go too. I needed to back down the clock speed and bump the vcore up a bit to fold.

Darn....when I first got it, it was doing some miraculouse things like 2.4Ghz on 1.75Vcore. I was hoping I could get like 2.8 out of it with water. Looks like that isn't going to happen now :(

@md0Cer said:
My 1700 0310 DLT3C XPMW is starting to go too. I needed to back down the clock speed and bump the vcore up a bit to fold.

Darn....when I first got it, it was doing some miraculouse things like 2.4Ghz on 1.75Vcore. I was hoping I could get like 2.8 out of it with water. Looks like that isn't going to happen now :(

2.41ghz at 1.725 BIOS

bootable at 2.6Ghz.

Attachments

• stepping.jpg
    stepping.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 136
@md0Cer maybe this is heat issue have u tryed to rest the heat sink and clearing your case
as i know amd cpu will loose overclokability after 2~5years depand an overclock made
you have been not extremly overcloked check every think first

rest the heatsink? Do you mean reseat? I have done that, and I have alot of case fans, and a box fan moving hot air out of my case. I just have a horrible heatsink.

It could be a heat issue, but it is only 73°C load on the CPU core. That is a good 17°C from the maximum continouse operational temperatire.

i hope you are joking about that. :eek:

when you up the vcore you throw the temperature guidelines out the window!

i don't see how you are even stable at that temperature!

get a new heatsink you tightass :p ;)

if there is one thing to never do when you oc, it's got to be skimp on cooling.

73°C:eek:
i hope also that this is the diode the socket will be 10c lower
this too too hot for the cpu
your should back down your overclock
check and recheck the heatsink maybe there is bad contact between it and the die

sorry i mean reseat my engilsh is so bad :(

never mind just get new one (heatsink)

Back