• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reaching 200 FSB (ultimately 2400-2500)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raider84

I recently got a warmcooling setup so trying to get the best overclock. Currently i have my 2400XP running at 2253 (2800+). at 166*13.5. Id like to achieve 200*12. but whenever i get to 200 I either get a BSOD right away, or one right after windows has finished loading. I have tried upping the cpu voltage to 1.8, locking the agp frequency to 66, forcing memory timings to 2-3-3-7. But still no luck.

The odd thing is with my old 2100 ram i could get the fsb to 200, even though the ram was still at 133; yet with my new 3200 ram I cant hit 200? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Specs:
uber 1004 bios
a7n8x deluxe 1.04
2400XP (AIUHB0302)
1 gig 3200 corsair ram
gf4 4600

I assume with watercooling the temps are not an issue - what about your power supply unit ? What are your 3.3, 5 and 12v rails? It could simply be that your cpu is not up to the task however.

i have an enermax 350 watt PSU (the pump isnt running off the psu). And the 3.3, 5, and 12v rails are at 3.31, 4.8, and 11.98.

is the AUIHB a good stepping?

the probleme is in the mobo(a7n8x deluxe 1.04)
you should do the chipset voltage mod
and cool the southbridge
alot off people have a probleme reaching 200+fsb with your mobo the only way is through voltmod
http://www.nforcershq.com/ (check this site in the forum --.>asus--->stickly . you will find what u need) :)
good luck

this seems to be a re-accuring issue. i have seen numerous iunstances in which earlier revisions of the a7n8x could reach 200fsb with pc2100/ 2700 but failed to with pc 3200. i have an a7n8x nd also and some pc 3200 and cannot even boot into windows at anything above 150 fsb. yet when i use clockgen i can get the fsb to 180 rock stable default chipset voltage.

i have watercooled my nb, put the original nb heatsink on the sb, and put heatsinks on the mosfets, and volt modded the chipset to be default 1.9v. when the chipset vmod is applied i cannot ven boot into at 145 so im thinking that this mbo is just totaly fuxxored.

if anyone has any info on how to sole these probles please post something cause there are many of us that would greatly appreciate the help

the nb has the stock passive heatsink; and i put a passive heatsink on the SB as well. That thing gets hella hot. I can almost bet this is a software related issue causing the problem. I bet the right bios and/or the right bios settings will fix the problem.

Someone suggested that I should set the fsb to 200 and then reinstall windows for that will fix the problem. Does windows really have this much say over what fsb/multi you can run your cpu at?

Another concern I have is that before i started overclocking and before the BSODs... when I would defrag my drive there was a section that was unmovable, which I assumed is the operating system. But now after a few BSODs that unmovable section is gone; is this a problem? Could I just select the windows folder and make it read only?

Back