• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M2600+ OCing with A7N8X r2 - What memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majestik

Registered
So I have a mobile 2600+ that does about 2.5ghz or so no problems. My PC2700 of course isnt any good with these speeds. So I bought some Mushkin Lvl1 PC3500 chips from newegg and the first batch has a bad stick. Sent them back. Second batch HAS A BAD STICK. I confirmed this by running one stick at a time and trying to boot it in every slot on the mobo. One of them booted EVERYTIME and the other reset before Windows loaded EVERYTIME. Almost the same as last time. So one chip will allow me to OC some but its only 256mbs :( So im going to send these back to newegg and upgrade to something else.

Memory im sending back AGAIN:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-293&depa=0

So... Mushkin? Corsair? OCZ? Who?
Any more system specs are below if needed...
I need at least 220fsb out of the chips - and maybe more room to grow on.
So Im thinking PC3700 or PC4000 from newegg. I like this deal:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-313&depa=0

I'll pay some extra no problem....since I have a ~150 credit with my bad chips so 20-50 bucks wont be bad since that money is gone anyways.

Im doing this tomorrow so tell me what you think...thanks in advance!

sory for the double\crosspost in advance - didnt know it was frowned upon

i think that winbond bh5 pc 3200 will do the job well
this to hard to find them at the moment but some of them still availble in e-bay
my vote is for corsair
the pc 3700 looks also good
remenber to do the L12 mod for your cpu it is really help to get high fsb such 220+
uberbios 1004 overclock better than 1007(remenber to do clean flash via dos)
good luck

Thanks - will try to Uber 1004. By clean flash you mean I just flash in dos like normal and flash it from 1007 to 1004? Or what?

Back