• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Barton At 200-210Mhz FSB: Possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terminat.

I have a computer with an AMD Athlon 2800+ Barton And 512MB PC3200 DDR. I have put the fsb up to as far as 180Mhz but it is only stable at 175Mhz FSB.

Is it possible though (with very good cooling) to get the fsb up to 210Mhz or even as far as 200Mhz? At higher than 182Mhz the actual motherboard-does not run so is there a way to compensate for that?

Last edited:
see sig.

I'm still trying to reach FSB 200 MHz and I'm sure it's "only" a matter VCore ... and couldn't make the board to run with 1.7V or more VCore. But I've read some peoples posts who already did it!!!

you runing at the stock multi of 12.5 ? if seen ppl hit 12.5 x 200 but thats with some very good cooling. and to get to 210 you will probly need to lower the multi alil. ive got to 12.5 x 192 with mine that was with the pc-2100 that i have. ill be upgrading to 2 x 512mb of pc-3200

you got a good board there my friend has the same one. you should be able to hit 200 and maybe even 210 with that chip. if its unlocked. goodluck with it

If your cpu is unlocked, then drop the multi to 8x and start increasing your FSB in order to find out how high your RAM will go without the cpu being a factor. Also keep in mind that you'll also have to increase your VDIMM in order to run at higher FSB speeds.

If your processor is a locked 2800XP then you likely will not manage 200 MHz FSB. Simply because you would be trying to run at 2.5 GHz, which is a lot. Not completely impossible, but it would need lots of Vcore and great cooling.

If the processor is unlocked, then just knock the multi down to 11.5 or 12 to get 2.3 or 2.4 GHz with a 200 MHz FSB. Simple.

The Barton.

Yes it is running at the stock multiplier and it is a locked one.

How much could the voltage be increased and what cooling would be needed for it?

Current Temperatures: 48C Under Minimal-Load; 55C Under Heavy Load. A stock heatsink is being used.

Have you locked the AGP/PCI bus? You might be hitting your PCI/AGP limits with 188FSB, thats 37.6mhz on the PCI, with the 5:2:1 ratio. Most PCI devices dont like that high of a PCI or AGP clock.

Yes.

Aren't the agp/pci locks always on for nforce2 boards?

Is there any way to get the computer's locked processor up to 210Mhz FSB Or Even 200Mhz FSB? That way it could utilise the 210Mhz of memory bandwidth more properly.

Last edited:
210 on a locked 2800 , id say really no chance. i could be wrong. but thats a clock of 2625Mhz. the ave for a XP is 2.3Ghz to 2.4Ghz. you could try to get close to 200. that can be done with good cooling

Back