• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this a decent deal on a used modded mach1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
modded 404a regassed mach1 with original Baker evap block Bowman1964 at xtremeresources.com did the mods including cap line adjustment. It holds in the mid to high -40s celsius with a load on. This includes a brand new Black Enlight case (upper and lower). The baker block does not need a prommie easy mod kit and none is encluded.enough seal string to do an install.

im awaiting pics atm,its from another forum member at er.com
price is $520 and pick it up as both the seller and i both want no damnage in shipping.

i know the baker block alone is worth $140 with the Bowman designed and made a universal type evap mount for the Baker block, saving the expense of having to purchase expensive Easy mod mounting kits for the different CPU types.

some of the above is copy and pasted from the seller at er.com so if anything dont make sence just say so and i can clear it up.
this is my first phase change unit,i dont have the experiance as many others would have yet.

i could just buy an original mach1 with cases,at the same cost and its new and warrentied.but with the additions to this and being professionaly maintained i think its a better deal,do you?

HawainPanda said:
get the modded mach 1, they're not prone to breaking anyways...nice deal
i just about finished a thread bowman does all his progects in and this prommy was mentioned quite alot in it,many things he put his skills into.
plus also ill always put some of my own touchs on it later once im used to using it.

your the first ive seen touch on dependability,isnt discussed much that ive seen.

hey btw welcome to oc.com!
im buying this modded one,95% sure as im still awaiting his pics to confirm the deal.

on another note ive been reading these prescotts are putting a whooping on phase change system. hard to even get one to remain below 0c at load.
good thing im going modded :)

sounds good to me. i just bought a regassed mach1 (pc65 case)from bignuttz for 525. i though it was a very good deal since the case and bottom is like 300 extra plus its regassed and will get colder than a normal mach 1. the cheapest mach 1 i found was epowerhousefor 489.00 but it doesnt have the nice lian li top and bottom plus it aint regassed.

yes his deal is sweet,thats why i was considering it also.you got a great deal on fine machinery!
btw kit-tronics has alot of excesories for these and is cheap also if you need anything.
also bignutts isnt a noob to phase change so buying from a knowledgable person is a plus.especially you know it was mantained well.

i have alot to learn with prommies as this will be my first.

im worried about the prescott issue so i hope mine can handle the extreme wattage my cpu puts out.

"EDIT" this deal is done and signed. im the soon to be owner!
so it looks like ill be pushing dual raptors and a x800 purchases back 1 month.thats fine the x800 will go down in price a bit by then and mabey just snag an platinum!

Last edited:
Back