• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions on L12 and mobiles..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

Hi all..

Well I just recieved my 2600m with hopes of getting a higher OC with it.. But im gona do the L12 tonight when I install it.. In the past Ive done the one from OCinside.. and it says to connect the AH30 to the AH32.. So I was just browsing around and saw THIS ONE which ive seen people use also.. In this one it has something specific to a mobile ..it says.. to connect ah30 to ah28 to force 200fsb.. with just one wire.. Has anyone done this specific one before ?

Ive been at this other L12 site before and never noticed the mobile part there before.. So im just wondering if its different and if it works..

Thanks
Thunda

this is the one most of us are doing:

NF7%20166fsb.gif

so, don't trouble yourself with that other mod :p . just drop the wire in the 2 holes and you are set.

Sentential said:
The pic you showed is for the 3200+, or a 400FSB chip. That setting defaults to 266

Sen you mean the pic mcoleg posted ?

Thats the one Ive always done and did last night which defaulted it to a 166..

I was wondering about that other site.. it said for a mobile to make it 200fsb it was just one wire in the ah30 to ah28 .. Was just wondering if anyone tried that .. sorry if I misunderstood ya.. I havent had my second cup of coffee today :)

Thanks
Thunda

dreIU said:
Why would you want to change the default fsb? Just go into the bios and OC the thing. Is there a point to this mod?

Check THIS thread out.

i used the one mcoleg shows. works great thunda, try it and see. only reason y i haven't brough up my fsb to the max is because i want a really stable rig. :p

without this mod my nf7-s wouldnt go above 223 fsb and after i coulkd get to 240. from my understanding the nf7-s uses a dif romsip table for diff fsb ranges and it depends on what you mobo thinks your cpu's fsb should be.

thanks guys..

I know all about the L12.. was really just curious about that one link I mentioned..

Well off to go crank up my 2600m.. :)

Thunda

Back