• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooked my 2000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtf2

Registered
I've been running my 2000+ at 2.2ghz 1.8v for the past week or so. On and off I've tried pushing it to 2.3 trying to get it stable with some success. Well I put the chip into my buddies NF7-S board today see if I could get it stable finally at 2.3 and try for 2.4. I was running it at 2.1V at 2.3 and 2.35 somewhat stable. Temps were really high 52-54c idle and thats with a thermaltake volcano 9+ and artic silver. I even tried 2.4V to try and get it running at 2.4ghz. After running it at 2.3ghz 2.1V for an hr or so the computer started crashing. Now the system turns off during boot even at default speed. I've tried a new power supply and even tried it back on my own board. No luck. I guess this cpu is done.

From what I've read, you don't fry the cpu at that temp..... don't know about a possibility of doing other sorts of damage though since you mentioned that temp (55) was at idle....that was way too hot in the first place for idle in my opinion....

Back