• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok - new mobo time - For 2600+ mobile OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majestik

Registered
Ok...just had a failed flash onb my A7N8X r2 by going from 1007 Uber to 1004 uber. Failed half way through giving me an error syaing its read only. Couldn't boot afterwards just kept getting a boot block. Cleared cmos and took battery out and now I dont even get bootblock.

Im sad. Im stupid too yes :p
I would try to get someone to do a hot flash but then again no one near me has that board that I know of. Since the board is over 6months old anyway Id like to get something to help me OC my 2600 mobile a bit better.

I know you guys favor the DFI? Abit? NF7 (not sure what the model was) for overclocking the mobile. I have some OCZ 3500EB on the way as well. Got a nice Zalman 7000a-CU on the chip too. Will I need to do any soldering mods on this board to get my memory and cpu up and running at least 2.5ghz? I want to get my fsb to atleast stock memory of 217 at 2.8volts required. Will the Abit or DFI (again i cant rmember it) do that? I need some help here cause I want to order this mobo ASAP or just go out and buy it locally if possible.

Thanks!

Sorry - meant the Abit NF7 rev2 is the one you guys recommmend...what you think?

I'm a big fan of the NF7-S. Some folk will tell you to go with the DFI, as it often gives better FSB speeds, but I get great ones on mine with decent RAM, so no difference.

Soltek make good boards as well.

Today I ordered the NF7-S with a mobile 2600+ from newegg. I've already got one NF7-S (see sig) running some Geil pc3500 memory at 220 FSB with timings of 2-3-3-6. I had considered the DFI Lanparty Ultra B but just saw too many posts from people who had issues with the board. I also saw Glock19owner hitting over 250 FSB on a NF7-S.

Best I could do on the A7N8X-Deluxe 2.0 was 211 FSB, but I think mine is also toast, that's why I ordered another NF7-S.

I didnt have good FSB luck with my NF7-S, couldnt get the FSB stable over 220mhz even with the l12 mod. Got the DFI and now im doing 250mhz :)

Back