• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this amd 2500+ a barton or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

95talon

Registered
hello im a newbe and i just bought a amd 2500+ and i want to make sure its a barton as my friend says some 2500's are not barton.

these are all the #'s on that black sticker

AXDA2500DKV40 Z408385C44096
KQYHA 0412MPMW

i would just run that program GCPUID i found on here but my mobo and ram are still in the mail:(

thanks.

WELCOME

That is a 2500 (AXDA2500 CPU rating)...and inform your friend that ALL 2500's are barton's...

glock19owner said:
WELCOME

That is a 2500 (AXDA2500 CPU rating)...and inform your friend that ALL 2500's are barton's...

but it is locked right?

also would you happen to know if the Albatron KX18D Pro (not pro 2) is a good board and will allow my 2500 to get up around 2.1-2.3gig's?

yes it is locked since it is not a mobile...

As for the MB...not familiar with it...but albatrons are not known for being a good OCing motherboard...

As for the OC...that will depend on the CPU...some locked CPU's just wont do 2.1...then some will do over 2.5...I have no idea how the newer desktop CPU's are doing on the OC...

The other main issues will be your memory and cooling

Actually, albatron has been known to have been a good OCing board; just look at the px865pe. The kx18d pro is good too; i think they have been able to get in the 220s stable; not sure. I DID see one guy run his at 252 fsb, but im not sure if that was a pro 2 or a normal pro.

Back