• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

palimino?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumbfish

my friend sold me a 2100 xp for 65$ i thought it would be the tbred -b
but cpu-z is saying palimino.wtf? i wanted to get a 2 ghz oc out of this.
its default is 1726mhz.should i beat this guy to a pulp?

does anyone have the page about the cpu cores? i need that link.

and i how do i wire the multi,volts,and fsb?

Last edited:
Look at the stickies. You'll get more than you want to know. :)

Did your friend tell you it's a t-bred? If not you may only have yourself to blame.

if the cpu die is square you are in palmino city.

g'luck with that 2100+, i had one, wouldn't budge and ran very hot.

dumbfish said:
my friend sold me a 2100 xp for 65$ i thought it would be the tbred -b
but cpu-z is saying palimino.wtf? i wanted to get a 2 ghz oc out of this.
its default is 1726mhz.should i beat this guy to a pulp?

does anyone have the page about the cpu cores? i need that link.

and i how do i wire the multi,volts,and fsb?
XP2100 was end of the line for palomino so little headroom for overclocking and exceptionally difficult to unlock the multis. The words $65 and friend should not be in the same sentence in this case! Though if you assumed it was a Tbred without asking thats your problem.

thanks those are the links i was looking for.
now do i wire this board the same as a tbred then?

Well, always check the market price before you buy a used item. I think $65 is a little too expensive. You could have got a 1800 DLT3C JIUHB for $55.

Did your friend claim it is a T-B version? If he did, I think it is your right to ask him to return your money. Otherwise, I am sorry to day that it is your own fault.

Post the stepping code and we will be able to tell you. If it is a pally, you will be lucky to get an extra 100Mhz out of it. My last pally, 2000+, only overclocks around 50Hz extra before it freezes up.

well i want to clock this on a k7s5a pro
so the question now is how do i wire it?
i want to raise volts and fsb.

can't i wire it just like a t-bred or barton?
or do i have to do all this painting stuff?

Last edited:
ok so i paint them shut lets just say for a fsb 188 and she freezes when my chip will only do fsb 186 so i have to keep doing permenant changes to the bridges basically until i find the best results or just buy a board that has options in the bios.

To access lower multis on a XP2100 palomino requires both closing the L1's and the wire trick to set the 8x bit of the multi to low - then you will have permanent access to multis 5 up to 12.5. even with that on good air cooling the best you could expect is around 10 x 186.

I have a 2100+ palomino. It's completely unoverclockable. If I raise the FSB from 133 to 135 it becomes unstable. I can't get anything out of it, nada, nothing.

The pallies are nothing like the thoroughbred b's for oc'ing.

They also run very, very hot. I had a pally in my 2nd box until recently (the 2100) which I replaced with a thoroughbred b because of heat issues. with 4 fans (2 tornados), an all copper heatsink, silver thermal goop, and a blowhole on top, my pally ran at 59C in an air conditioned room and crashed regularly. I replaced it with a 2600+ tbred b, and it now runs at 45C with full load with exactly the same cooling.

The tbred b core is a MUCH better chip.

It shouldn't crash at stock. They just run pretty hot. Palominos is a good core and a great improvement from t-birds. I gave my old xp1700 pally to a friend who replaced his 1.4 t-bird with and his temps dropped from 67c to 57c. That's what I used to run at and when I replaced the pally with my now xp1700 t-bred A my temps dropped from 58c to 47c.

Back