• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4ghz :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtf2

Registered
Well earlier today I though I had toasted my 2000+. Seems it wasn't so and I have it running at 2.4ghz on my friends NF7-S.
Im on 2.0v but I havn't put it through any tests yet. Using a thermaltake Volcano 9+ with a room size fan blowing on the stuff. I really need water cooling. Using Hynix PC3200 256mb ram. 12*200 ram timings 11-3-3-3

Runs XP fine on 2v but I need 2.1 to run PCmark. Problem is my temps at 2.75v are 55-60c idle. Time for some better cooling.

Wow, dont kill that chip! 2v is a lot....

Mayhaps you might want to invest in a mobile. My 2600 does 2.5ghz with 1.625v with air cooling. I use an Slk-947 and a 20cfm case fan.

Of course, for your current chip, I can recomend an Slk-947 or Sp-97, and perhaps a smartfan2.

umm if u need 2.1v to make a pcmark test pass then youre cpu isnt stable @ 2.4gig

Runprime95 i bet you it isnt stable and will fail. 2v isnt that bad if u have watercooling but i think its to much on air.

dood. 55-60 idle!!!! I highly recommend that you clock that thing down right away unless you really are looking to buy a new system. And an overclock is not successful just cause you can boot to windows, it must be prime95 etc stable and be just as stable as if the chip was running at factory specs.

Yeh, Im idle in windows now at 2.4 .. 2.05V and its running at 60c idle. No where near stable so I'll crank it back down to 2.2.

Back