• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 Mobile cpu's..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
On Amd's website they say they have the Mobile version of these cpu's.

Since the Barton Mobile's are so good in overclocking, wouldnt going to a Low voltage Mobile 64 be the better idea then going to the desktop version ?

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_10220_10221,00.html

Click on the Low ower Mbile 64 Model number comparision on the right

Thier 35w, so i guess this means they run @ 1.35v or somthing

Last edited:
Will they work in the desktop Motherboard's like the Mobile bartons ?

Cuss if they do then wouldnt it be better to buy them for better overclocking then a desktop version ?

If they are in the correct package then yes they can be used. As they require lower voltage to run for a given frequency (1.8GHz for the 2800+) then naturally there is a possibility they may overclock further than desktops but it cannot be guaranteed.

Well i think some rich guy should try it.....

My mom is refinancing the house ina month or so and pulling 40k outa the thing for home upgrades and she said i can use some of it.

Maybe when these mobiles come out or if thier already out I'll a system with a Mobile to see if they work and overclock better the nthe Desktop.

Same package except lidless v lidded (presume it means the heatspreader is removed). This is the same package as DTR so should work in desktop.

There are 1.5 V, 1.4V and 1.2 V mobile A64.

The 1.2 V 35W is just listed.

The 1.5 V is listed for desktop replacement explicitly. But all of them are listed as package B, so they have the same package, hopefully would fit for desktop.

The 1.2 V is from NewCastle core, w/ 512 KB L2.

The 1.5 and 1.4 V are from ClawHammer, w/ 1 MB L2.

hitechjb1 said:
There are 1.5 V, 1.4V and 1.2 V mobile A64.

The 1.2 V 35W is just listed.

The 1.5 V is listed for desktop replacement explicitly. But all of them are listed as package B, so they have the same package, hopefully would fit for desktop.

The 1.2 V is from NewCastle core, w/ 512 KB L2.

The 1.5 and 1.4 V are from ClawHammer, w/ 1 MB L2.
Will be interesting if mobiles (non LV) remain at 1MB - possibly the only remaining clawhammer in future?

Back