• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 2600+ AQXEA 0404 Unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blacklotus

need some directions about the subject...

just bought this new Barton CPU XP 2600+ AQXEA 0404 and I'm trying to unlock the multipliers...so far, I've just done the following without any luck,

+ Socket pin-mod to unlock multipliers
+ Socket pin-mod to select x13 multiplier
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

none of these worked...I've done a lot of research on the internet, and for what I've understood, seems Barton up to week 39 could be easily unlocked doing some paint-modding, week 39+ bartons should be paint-modded to XP-Mobile and some Bartons (don't know which ones) can be unlocked doing socket or cpu pin-modding...also some other sites says there are Barton which are impossible unlock...I've also learnt I should have bought a Barton XP-M instead...but I'm afraid its too late for that now ;)

so...there are some things I'd like your advice about guys...

First and foremost,

Do you think my AQXEA 0404 can be unlocked in any way ? Is this a yet-another new package from AMD? ( cpu comes in a brown die instead of green as it usually seems to come )

if so,

Which method should I go for ?

Is there any paint-mod for this Barton that simply unlocks the multiplier as <week39 did ? Should I go for L5/L6 XP-Mobile mod instead ?

I would also apreciate if you could point me to a website which explains the mod you advice

Thanks for your help :p

No All Barton Desktop's are lock after week 40 of 2003, so 0340 and above.

Thier is no way to unlock them currently. I did hear thier was a way to partiall unlck them on VIA boards but i dont think that even works.

You should have Bought 2600+ Mobile, they are fully unlocked and overclock heck of alot more then the desktop's.

CandymanCan said:
No All Barton Desktop's are lock after week 40 of 2003, so 0340 and above.
Thier is no way to unlock them currently. I did hear thier was a way to partiall unlck them on VIA boards but i dont think that even works.

darn....even the mobile painting-mod wouldn't work now ? I mean the one that's supposed to turn a desktop barton into a mobile barton so you can use the Powernow! feature to do the overclocking...? :/

Thanks

Yeah it will only work on a Via board and you can only adjust multi through windows so not really a full solution. BTW welcome to the forums!

yes...think I'll do that...I'll try to sell this barton on ebay and get a mobile one...returning it woudlnt work as the retailer where I bought it has no XP-M for sale and, normally, unless defective, they do not refund :/

Found this one for sale...

AMD ATHLON XP MOBILE 2500+, Barton-Kern, IQXFA 0348

Barton-Kern
Frei wählbarer Multiplikator
V-core 1,45 Volt
45 Watt Leistungsaufnahme
Stepping IQXFA0348XPMW
sehr übertaktfreudig
max. 10 Stunden in Betrieb gewesen

still don't know which OPN...but anyways...would you recommend me this 0348 IQXFA XP-M ? I intend to overclock it up to ~2300Mhz maximum with aircooling...oh, forgot to mention before sorry, my system :

ASUS A7N8X-E NF2
2 x Kingston DDR400 Value 512MB CAS 2.5
ATI 9700NP@PRO

Thanks all for your replies guys :)

I have a 2600+ Mobile barton that has a stock speed of 266Mhz, not 333Mhz like most of the other ones. I have an MSI KT4VL board and 512MB of 266Mhz ram. It will not let me take it higher than the stock 2.0 gig. When I change the multiplier, the FSB is taken down and when I increase the FSB, it takes the multiplier down to 2.0 gig or below. Is it my board or ram. The cpu shouldn't be locked since it is a mobile or do they lock some of the mobile cpu's.

Oddball said:
I have a 2600+ Mobile barton that has a stock speed of 266Mhz, not 333Mhz like most of the other ones. I have an MSI KT4VL board and 512MB of 266Mhz ram. It will not let me take it higher than the stock 2.0 gig. When I change the multiplier, the FSB is taken down and when I increase the FSB, it takes the multiplier down to 2.0 gig or below. Is it my board or ram. The cpu shouldn't be locked since it is a mobile or do they lock some of the mobile cpu's.

Start a new topic about this, and I'm sure someone will help. I just don't want to threadcrap on Blacklotus

Back