• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Few-liners to describe CPU and Motherboard Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hitechjb1

I saw in another thread
What is the correct way of doing this?
that there are some good few-liners to describe how to overclocking CPU, FSB, motherboards, ....

Steven4563 said:
lower the multiplier to around 5 then crank up the fab once it becomes unstable and your still around stock clocks up the Chipset voltage and the Ram then once u found max fsb up that multiplier

Silent Buddha said:
You will have to up the Vdimm to achieve faster than SPD timings like 2.5-2-2-5. Even with the SPD of like 3-2-3-8 (I think that's accurate), you will eventually have to up the Vdimm to get higher FSB that you are looking for.

My approach to oc'ing:
1. Burn-in cpu by running low multi x relatively high FSB near stock clock speed with Prime95 small ftts.
2. Use MemTest or Prime95 Blend test to see how far your memory can go with your max Vdimm.
3. Lower multi to like 5x and up FSB as much as I can stable with as little Vcore as possible.
4. Up multi to like 9x and start going up by .5x each time, testing for stability. Add Vcore when unstable.

So, if you have some few-liners, (maybe poems, songs, ....) to summarize or describe, as complete as possible, how to overclock existing and future systems, for both newbies and experienced techies, please post.

Preferably limit to 10 lines in a regular thread layout.

Eventually, we may vote for the best one or few.:D

Last edited:
I don't think you can use a "few-liners" to describe the majority of things about overclocking...

if I have to come up one I'd say -> RTFF (F = forum).

Last edited:
Buy good hardware that is known to Overclock, mony has no relevenct to OCing ability.
Start with the thing you want first, either clock speed or bus speed.
Max that out first b4 messing with *anything* else.
If your PC is having problems 99.9% of the time its not your hardware, but the user.
Dont believe every 3dmark score you see....most are BS

___

Meh words of wisdom

To hightechjb1

Hightechjb1 !!

I would suggest you make a new thread: something like
"Overclocking - from implementations to theory "
Divide to topics and link each to corresponding atricle from your famous "page 19".

AND THEN MAKE IT A STICKY!!

:D

Best,
Gil

(chanted)

Don't be afraid to overvolt,
Your com-po-nents don't mind
One mV is all it takes
to leave stock speeds behind!

:D

Hmm nice one Ian :p

If it's fsb you seek,
under the heatspreaders you must peek,

If it's mhz you need,
the stepping you must read.

If the airflow won't do,
It's time to switch to H2o

If all else fails,
it might be the caused by your PSU rails.

That's my little rhyme and just about all of it is true. ;)

nice one violineb :); let me try tanku then :p

clock always till it's good enough,
till point of diminishing results effect...
don't mod what you cannot replace.

Back