• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ 333fsb version(non mobile) hanging/freezing with fsb over 200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jo3

just as the topic states im having trouble with my cpu. i recently did a trade (thank god) with my friend, my a7v8x-x mobo, a linksys router and $35 bucks for his a7n8x board and his 512 stick of pny pc3500 ram(i had the same stick and they are wicked hard to find now). after i traded i could finally hit the fsbs' i wanted, but im still not maxing the ram out. and thats ****ing me off D;

so system specs are

2600+ 333fsb version (non mobile) @ 2.0ghz (200x10) 1.65vcore
Asus a7n8x mobo
1024 mb pny pc3500 ram (duel channel mode)
geforce 4 ti 4600 @ 305/705
4x dvd burner
2x 80 gig maxtor drives
sound blaster live 5.1 value
500 watt (no name) psu

is there any reason that when i pop the fsb up over 200 i get those problems? I mean i have tried messing with the vcore and ive gone up to max of 1.75v and that still didnt do anything for it. my chip has also hit 2.4(but had a few problems) or so with pc2100 ram so i know it can hit that high. anyone have any suggestions so i can hit my full 217 or so fsb?

You probably need more Vcore. Also, you may want to change your memory timing and increase the voltage of your Vdimm also.

Kenshiro said:
You probably need more Vcore. Also, you may want to change your memory timing and increase the voltage of your Vdimm also.

never done that before...

how should i go about doing that?

and i know nothing about ram timings, and those tutorials dont help... D:

got anything on that too?

hrmm i'm dying to get some more speed out of my 2600. ...gues its time to fiddle with the voltages. btw any of u play UT? it sure seems to let u know if things arenet stable quickly.

Back