• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Overclock, need help please! :-)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kcaz007

Registered
Here is my system:

A7N8X Deluxe
Barton 2800+ CPU
Kingmax PC 3500 512mb Ram

Right now i'm at 2.08ghz

CPU external -166mhz
multiple 12.5x

memory-auto
sd ram precharge 7
ras to cas delay 4
ras precharge delay 4
cas latency 2.5x

I set my ddr voltage to 2.7v and my cpu voltage is at 1.69v right now

My cpu temp is 51 celcius.

How can i go faster? up the external...multiple? ram timings? I don't know what i'm doing, so someone please break it down lol.
Thanks!

edit: forgot to mention. I tried 200 x 10 and i got a power on memory failure or something like that.

x10 multipliers are notoriously difficult to get working on nForce 2 motherboards at high FSB. To OC some more, set the PCI/AGP frequency to 66MHz, then bump up the FSB in 5 MHz increments, testing each time with Prime95 until it errors. I wouldn't recommend raising the voltage more than another couple of notches as you are already at 51C. You can keep the CPU multiplier at 12/12.5x as you have good RAM. If you really want 200MHz FSB, try 11x.

And also try reducing the RAM timing numbers - that memory is PC3500, good for 217MHz so shoot for 2-3-3-6 or 2-3-2-6. Again, Prime95 = your stability test.

Right now i'm at 200fsb x 10 = 1992mhz

Kept ram timing the same , so what would you recommend next? I heard 200fsb= better than 166mhz fsb even if the processor speed is a little higher w/166mhz? that correct?

Back