• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon xp vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robdog007

I'm trying to get some better performance out of my 2500+, and seemingly the only way to do that is to up the FSB from 166 to 200. (Mobo offers no settings between 166-200). As of now I have my vcore @ 1.78v, 43 degrees C while idle. My question is are my settings dangerous? I'm not planning on running this cpu forever, so I'm not worried about it's lifespan more than year from now.

Also, what is the real clock speed of a 3200+? After upping my FSB on my 2500+, Sandra is showing a cpu speed of 2.19GHz. Am I running a 3200+ or am I just confused?

2500 + 200FSB = 3200 in every way, shape and form :)

I don't think that Vcore will be a significant risk to the life of your chip, many people run 1.85+ on air. As long as your load temperatures are not through the roof the chance of premature death is small.

Is 52 degrees C acceptable under load? That's my cpu temp while I'm playing games, such as FarCry, Lineage 2 etc.

Cool, so I got myself a 3200+! werd!@ hehe

So if my ram is rated for a 400 fsb, then the only thing I should really need to worry about is adjusting the vcore if needed? I don't need to think about AGP voltages or anything like that?

Is that socket or diode temperature?

I'm unsure. It's what is given in my bios, and what Sandra has given as my cpu temp. How do I find out which it is?

Ok, downloaded and installed MM5, it's reporting the same, 42C. I'm assuming this program more reliably reports temps? In the task bar I'm seeing 41 & 35 for cpu and board.

So all I should really be worried about are high temperatures, correct? Would a vcore of 2.5v be nothing to worry about so long as the cpu temp is acceptable?

As of now my vcore is at 1.75, but I had to scale back my fsb to 192 to get stability. Should I up the voltage a bit and set the fsb back to 200?

My mobo only goes up to 1.95. It was more for an understanding of what I need to worry about, which I believe is heat pretty much?

Back