• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how's this for an XP-M 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

basic

Registered
My new XP-M 2500+ with an alpha pal8045 and 40cfm fan.

http://home.comcast.net/~rudy.g/cpuz.html

i need new ram, but everything is running nice. that speed wasn't prime stable, but 2.55 is.

Once i get faster ram and get my SP7 installed i think i can hit a higher stable clock.

Let me know what you think,
Rudy

(sadly i had to send the motherboard back, the bios flash messed up my bootblock and basically screwed me over :( )

CPU Clock Speed 2645.0 MHz

Sounds good, considering a 2500+ is a 1.8ghz or so processor that runs like a 2.5ghz Pentium 4, but you've got it all the way up to 2.6ghz! Good overclock, I'm looking to build a similar overclocking setup.

vcore temps and stepping.

i'm running the exact same almost, except i'm synchronous 6/6.

i would think about getting new ram. :cool:

dividers are awful to use on the nforce 2 platform....

good work though!

keep us updated.

we need a database of oc speeds, volts, temps, and ambient temps.. i'm too lazy to build one. someone do it.

Not sure how useful that overclock is going to be with that RAM the way it is though. 6:4 ratio is going to murder your performance, especially with only 141FSB out of the ram.

haha, yeah i know i'm so behind, using this ram for like 3 years. ram will be my next upgrade and i know it's holding me back pretty bad :p

currently i'm running 2.6ghz (13x200) same divider settings (until i get new ram). Just got the motherboard and sp97, i got a couple pics of the stepping before the battery in my camera died, i will post as soon as i can get them.

i'm running at 2.15vcore right now to burn it in and running prime @ priority 10. Temps are around 40c and it's doing good under load.

I'll keep you posted (oc613 you have a pm)

basic,

Nice overlock!

What temps (case, idle and full load) are you getting with your overclock? I also have a PAL8045 and would like to know how it does on AXP-M's.

with the pal8045 running it at 2.5ghz w/ 1.8 vcore i was getting 40-44 for temps, i didnt watch the temps closely, it was very solid, prime stable and i could play games and stuff.

Back