• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new heatsink + results!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thermo

Today I just installed my SLK-900A /w TT smart Fan 2 @ full speed & AS5 and heres the stats!
(load temp found using prime95 torture with maximum heat output)
Case Temp Idle: 24C
Idle: 33C down from 42C with stock cooler 9C DROP!
Case Temp Load: 27C
Load: 37C down from 52C with stock cooler 15C DROP!

I am VERY happy with this heatsink! WOW!
My idle temp looks like a watercooling temp! and my AS5 hasent even broken in yet ;) only 3 hours old. Booting up at default barton 2500+ speed and letting it sit for 5 min my idle temp was 30C I was very very impressed.

Also while I was under there I found my barton 2500 stepping as I did not build this system myself. (my next system will be self built)

AXDA2500KV4D Y868072000921
AQXEA 0330VPMW

I looked at the CPU database and I see that this is one if not the best stepping out there. any additional info would be nice!

Now that i have this new heatsink i think i will be able to push this thing a bit further!

Congrats, buddy. When I first got my SLK-900u I was just as excited as you were. Be happy you don't have the u version hahaha

Back