• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little advice please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tuefelhunden

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ thoroughbred on an ASUS a7n8x deluxe v2.0 with 1007 bios. I am looking for some advice on what/how I can go about overclocking this chip a bit. Never really overclocked before, did a little on my old t-bird processor, but nothing to this extreme. Thanks in advance!

A couple of things before we start - firstly read the sticky advice on overclocking at the top of this forum and secondly provide a bit more information on your system such as RAM, psu (cpu is it Tbred A or B - run CPUID and report info from that), cooling system etc and we can then provide a bit more specific information. BTW welcome to the forums.

Thorughbred "B" 768mb Corsair Valueram pc3200 Apower 400W psu CPU came boxed, using that HSF with arctic silver, 35 C at idle.

Back