• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L12 bridge question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
Just got my moble and 200FSB 2500MHz, not a problem...
But who wants such a low FSB right?

problem is, i cant get anything over 221FSB stable.
Not even 5x anything...

With my desktop not a problem in the 240FSb range (250 never was 100% for me)...

So back to the question, if the pin mod just as stable as on the L12 bridge itself? Anyone have any tips for me?

NF7-2 2.0, PC-4000....
Testing with Air cooling, them will move back to my RBX.
Oh, and IQYHA 0351 MPMW

I've done mods by painting and blowing bridges, putting wires in the socket and wrapping wires around the pins. All have the same outcome, and as long as the wire stay's in it's place I don't think there will be any diferance.

I'd say the wire in the socket is the easiest, followed by blowing and painting. I have clumsy fingers and found putting wire around the pins to be really hard.

never blown a bridge myself, but i am no stranger to the other mods around....

Just havent done an L12 myslef, and was wondering if any version of the mod gave better results for some odd reason...

Odds are i will be doing a pin wrap as it keeps the wire in place the best i think...
And done feel like painting if i can avoid it (although i havent used my silver pen in a while)...

that would be a really easy way to do it.. just a pain as you have to remove the motherboard... (for most people, i cut out the motherboard tray behind my socket to remove waterblocks faster :) ), plus undoing the mod is not to easy is it?

I like painting the pins on the socket because I don't have to worry about losing a tiny piece of wire somewhere on the board, the cpu not fitting right on the socket, and it's easy to undo.

I use conductive paint from a rear window defroster repair kit and paint with a toothpick. It's really easy to remove, just scrape the paint off with a toothpick. The toothpick is hard enough to take the paint off but not hard enough to scratch the board. I ususally put more paint on than necessary and then scrape the excess off with a clean toothpick while making sure only the two pins I'm connecting are touching the paint.

You do have to remove the motherboard but I'd have to remove the motherboard to put wire in the socket. I take the board out anytime I remove the processor because of the massive amount of force it takes to mount the heatsink.

The L12 wire trick is the easiest way to do this...the added benfits...no pulling out the motherboard...and if it doesnt take, then just reposition the wire...also, if you switch out CPU's like I did...just take the wire out...better then having to remove the motherboard and any mod you have done to the MB...

Back