• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally High FSB and Far Cry rocks at High Def

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zxlr8

I finally did the L12 mod last night successfully. The best FSB I could get was 220. Now I am getting into windows at 240. I have not done any mods to the board and it look like the newest revisions of the nf7-s are great for FSB unlike popular opinion. I was running Far cry at 230x10 for alittle while and it is way smoother than it was at 200x12.5. What should I mod next to get more out of this combo. I can boot into windows at 2713, but only for a suicide screen shot. I am wondering what I need to do to get a better stable overclock. On my previous nf7-s, I would never get a BSOD. Now when I try the combo of high fsb and multiplier, I get it around 227x11.5. My memory is pc4000 and the board seems to work up to 240 fsb. My timings are 2.5,3,3,5 The 12 volt rail is 11.79 under load. My next step I guess is to mod my thermaltake 480 PS. I guess you can turn the pots up a ways. :( I wish I would just quit messing with it and use it, but man is it fun!!! Do I need better North and southbridge cooling? Where is the next step up. Did I get all I can get out of this $78 processor? I am now thinking seriusly about a 2500 mobile with an iqyha mpmw stepping. Am I crazy? :rolleyes: :D

I just installed it yesterday. Highest I've gone so far is 2.5Ghz(200x12.5) at 1.7v. I only ran Prime for about an hour but I didn't get any errors. I hope play with it some more tonight after work to see how high it will go.

high fsb is nice :p i am surprised more ppl aren't trying to do that with their nf7's... have you seen it at 250MHz fsb? well worth the effort.

your not going to get a much better chip then the one you got now, so save your money! it is very difficult to acheive high fsb with a high multi, so you just got to play with it and find the perfect balance

Back