• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon Moblie 2600+ IQYHA:0351MPMW, THIS CHIP IS INSANE!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenshiro

Just install mine yesterday to replace my 1800+ DLT3C JIUHB. My old cpu was only stable at 2.4Ghz max. This mobile cpu is INSANE!!!! I was sooooo surprise how far I can push this CPU. I to go higher with the FSB, but it craps out at 223 @ 2.56Ghz. So, I have to increase the multiplier and lower the FSB, and it is stable at 12 * 217 @ 2.61Ghz. Right now, I am 221*12. Running prime95, will find out if it is stable when I go home tonight.

It is definitely worth the extra cash to change to the mobile CPU.

I got the same chip and I agree, it's awsome. I didn't have much time to play with it and determine it's max speed. I like to go slow when overclocking but so far I'm up to 2.5Ghz @ 1.7v (200x12.5) and it *might* be Prime stable. I ran prime for about an hour.

I plan on pushing it harder tonight at a higher FSB. I was only planning on running at ~2.5Ghz with the highest stable FSB I can use.

Hah.... lets see who can push harder.

As for my Vcore, I went straight to 1.85V, since I read a lot of people are running at that Vcore after they pass the 2.5Ghz mark. As of right now, I don't know if it is prime95 stable yet, since I am at work. If it is, I will probably increase the FSB. The only thing I am worried about is that I didn't see anyone pushing so close to 2.7Ghz with air cool. Otherwise, I will just leave it at 2.65Ghz (presumming it is prime95 stable) and lower the Vcore and let Prime95 run again. Crossing my fingers, and wish me luck.....

for all those of you who are thinking about getting the mobile.......
GO GET ONE!!!!!!!!

Hehe, I get 2.5ghz with 1.625v. I havnt tried higher due to my ram, but I think 2.5ghz is fast enough for me! Plus, the chip is hot enough.

Kenshiro, I am not sure if you saw my post but i have nearly the same system as you now, just got it going. You will have to check out my thread. I too am totally amazed at how cool these things stay on air alone. but lets see what we can get these puppies to do. Keep me posted, lets crank em up.

Will do, check back in about 4-5 hours. That's when I will know if it is stable at 2.65Ghz on air.

Wish me luck guys.

Ya I just got one of these.. im loving it as well.. replaced my 2500 IQYHA which was good ..but this new one blows it away so far.. Havent had time to test max but.. 200*12.5 is prime stable with
1.7vcore.. :) .. I booted into windows at 225*12 at 1.9vcore .. but its wasnt stable for prime.. I just got a 92mm tornado today so we'll see in the next few days what its got.. I recommend this chip also ... its awsome and seems pretty consistent from what ive seen..

Thunda

yeah my buddy bought pretty much the same setup right along with me but he is waiting a week or two before he can afford a 9800pro, then he will set it up. Be interesting to compare. 5 to 700MHZ OC on air? That is just insane... You know, the good kind of insane... :)

Technicaly speaking, my 1800 DLT3C JIHUB is a better overclocker, since it goes from 1.53Ghz to 2.4Ghz. But its the overall top speed we are concern about.

So, ALL HAIL TO MOBILE BARTON..............................

The mobile does more work per mhz, making it a better overclocker. Its at least 300mhz faster at its top speed(because of it's cache).

Last edited:
Kenshiro said:
Hah.... lets see who can push harder.

As for my Vcore, I went straight to 1.85V, since I read a lot of people are running at that Vcore after they pass the 2.5Ghz mark. As of right now, I don't know if it is prime95 stable yet, since I am at work. If it is, I will probably increase the FSB. The only thing I am worried about is that I didn't see anyone pushing so close to 2.7Ghz with air cool. Otherwise, I will just leave it at 2.65Ghz (presumming it is prime95 stable) and lower the Vcore and let Prime95 run again.
Nice job so far. I was a little concerned with temps myself since i was sitting @ 50c load before i installed this thing. It dropped my load temps down to 44/45c and thats on an already well ventilated case. Def worth $16 imho but some may not like staring at it through a case window...

My previous cpu was an 1700+ tbred B "0319" @ 2.53ghz so i was initially disappointed with my 2400 mobile ... but i really can't complain i guess. Now to try and find homes for all these dam amd cpus i have lying around :confused:

I just replaced my IQYHA 0348 TPMW with one of these bad boys 15 minutes ago. all I can say is that my TPMW took 1.8v to even load Windows at 2.5 GHz (200x12.5), but this MPMW loaded right up at 1.6V (Prime crashed quickly though). Could never load windows abouve 2580 with the TPMW regardless of voltage (up to 2.0), and this MPMW just did it at 2640 with 1.85v. I'm ...uhh... sorta happy right now :D

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My rig is stable at 2.65 Ghz (221 * 12)

I tried to increase the FSB to 225, so I can hit 2.7Ghz, but prime95 failed after 1 min. I think maybe doing the L12 wire mod may solve this FSB problem, but I'm too lazy for that. Too much trouble to remove my heatsink. I will probably lower down the Vcore and see if it is stable, so I can get a lower temp.

Kenshiro, do the L12 mode, you won't regret it. just take half an hour and do it. 11x240 is totaly possible it seems if your memory holds.

well I just started Priming 200x13 @ 1.75v! Been going about half an hour. Booted into Windows at 2750 (250x11) and was usable. I tried 2800 and saw the desktop for about 5 seconds at 2.0v. :D

I now officially agree that these are insane! :)

I've been priming mine at 200x12.5 1.7v for the past 5 hours. I'd like the temperature to be lower since I'm getting 50C at full load.

The order I just placed for a Thermalright SLK-947U, 92mm Enermax variable speed fan, and Arctic Silver 5 should help my temps a little. :D

Could you all with the 0351mpmw's post if you have one with a "K" or a "Y" or some other first letter in the last string of code on the top line? Thanks.

Hey Kenshiro are you really hitting 2650mhz at 1.85 volts? I tried that setting and it wouldn't even boot. Set it for 1.9 though and it did. I am having a hard time getting prime95 to run over 9mins at 221X12. Still tweaking though. May have to do that L12 mod sometime soon.

Back