• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ye Olde 2100+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itim100

What is the ceiling for a 2100+?

I can run occasionally at 2.4 (200x12) with mine, but at like 2.22V core. Every once and a while it will not like to post that fast, but once its up it is stable for as long as I want.

Anyways, I was wondering what most get with a 2100+. I had heard that some have problems booting over xxxx mhz, but I cant remember what that number was.

Im basically wondering if I shoudl try pushing it more...

Thx!

At that VCore, you better be thinking about watercooling! That alone might not do the trick. I think if it takes that much voltage, you better upgrade to a 2500 barton, because that CPU is going to be in the grave soon.........

Really? It just seemed to get hotter. So if i run it like that for too long supposedly it will die?

My cooling is a SLK800 (good HS) and SmartCase Fan II (75+ cfm), but I like quiet, so I don't usually have any case fans on.

What is the best Socket A cpu for high fsb? The 2100 is only rated at 133mhz, and I have ram that can do 250. Is the 2500 a good overclocker?

I don't think socket a cpu's are more or less capable of different fsb's. What it is rated at has no affect whatsoever. An investment into a mobile barton won't get you any noticeable gain, you are talking $70-100 wasted. Put up the fsb and down the multiplier.

my moneys on a tbred b dut3c, like mine. i got mine under h2o and it does 2.5/ 2.1v prime stable.it can do 2.6 in benches but is far from stable ad i dont wanna up the vcore any more that 2.1v

f00t said:
my moneys on a tbred b dut3c, like mine. i got mine under h2o and it does 2.5/ 2.1v prime stable.it can do 2.6 in benches but is far from stable ad i dont wanna up the vcore any more that 2.1v

Ha. My Tbred B turned out to be a dud.

I just got a Mobile 2400+ 35w from newegg and as soon as I get all my watercooling parts you will see a post on that. :D

My 2100+ does 2.3GHz at 1.9v
and 2.42GHz at 2.06v
I can run some benchmarks at 2.5GHz but it is not stable at even 2.1v and this is getting rather high voltage as me temps are over 50C. I like to keep them under 50C so i useually run at 2.3GHz at 1.9v

2100+ come as pallies or t-breds. I would think if he's getting 2.4 ghz it must be a tbred b, since I can't get 1.8 ghz out of my pally.

I'd be curious to hear which it is though.

Back