• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Condensation is fun! PICS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScrillA

Registered
Hey there guys I just met an old friend the other day. Mr. Condestation was at my door step, uninvited. Luck was on my side though and i got the mobo out and cleaned up and good to go and i am running again. Have a look at some pics of how lame I am. I can tell you now though. With how much seal string i used this time, if I forms again im just going to give up and let it. Hehe have fun with the pics.

imlucky.jpg

imlucky1.jpg

imlucky2.jpg

wow... that could be bad :p

glad nothing bad happened, isn't there supposed to be a heater somewhere on the back or something to prevent condensation? or am i thinking of something else?

you usually don't have to heat the backside of a pelt - that's only with phase change (where frost can be a major problem).

in the first pic why do i see the holes that the cpu is supposed to be in? do you have a 478 pin in a 865 socket?

rhino56 said:
in the first pic why do i see the holes that the cpu is supposed to be in? do you have a 478 pin in a 865 socket?

The processor pins are not lined up with the zif socket holes for some reason. If you look realllyyyy close you can see where the zif socket stops near the bottom right corner of the inner perimeter of the prommy socket clip. So the cpu is the right size for the mobo. As for why it's misaligned like that....the original poster will have to enlighten us.

LOL let me explain guys. I went to autozone and used some of there glazing tape because i heard that was the same thing as seal string. Well it is kinda but as you can see it doesnt work. The cpu can disconnected from the socket when pull of the cooler. Everything is all good now and i learned my lesson with the seal string. Pretty simple all togther, nothing that crazy. So its all good now, but it was scary. Yeah there is a heater but you dont need it. Thanks for the concern guys, YOU ROCK! Later

Yeah thanks rhino, I've read so much on that before i even got the prommie, but what i was saying is that i used that autozone stuff. I was trying to compare them and the autozone stuff was really thick. I thought that would be better coverage. I guess with all the small parts on a motherboard though the thick kind doesnt get in all the little areas. Yeah im running fine now with no heater. Hehe later guys.

the people at nventi have the heater on there because the condensation was a problem and that was their solution for it.
if you dont run it you will eventually get the condensation from the temperature differences. how long it will take to build up a puddle in there is unknown. i havent noticed any change in temps by running my heater.
better to be safe then sorry really. i originally had thought that it wasnt needed either, 3 MB's later im finally running fine with it.
check and see if your temps go up at all by running it.
if it doesnt make a difference it is only insurance.

Yeah i was always told you didnt need it. Ill take your word for it though. Im gunna be taking this thing apart again next week and ill put it on then.

Back