• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my 2800 unlocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mamo4444

I just needed to know how i find out if my barton core 2800 is unlocked or not. I know it has to do when the chip was manufactured but i dont know where to find that information? is it on the chip?

Welcome to the Forum!

On the chip label, there are two lines...

The one that begins AXDA2800... is the OPN or model number.
The next line begins with 5 letters that are the STEPPING code (AIXIB for example).
The next four numbers on the second line represent the year (03 or 04) and the week (01 to 52) of manufacture. The last four letters are unknown in their meaning.

See this thread for more information on the locked/unlocked dates and steppings: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=244237

im sorry but i am a total noob on this overclocking stuff so dont flame me. by CHIP LABEL do you mean that its on the CPU itself or some where else.

No problem...

If you are looking at the top of the CPU, you will see the "core" at the center. Near the edge of the cpu "packaging" (the board onto which the core is mounted) there should be a small black label with white printing. This is the label you want to read. There may be a second white label with some sort of serial number, but this is not required information.

they're 4 numbers on the chip itself isolated by letters.

anything higher than 0339 I believe is locked.

Back