• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can this Thoroughbred do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

My bother has a XP 2200 Thoroughbred, Its just running stock at the moment. How fast can we OC it? Its on a A7N8X deluxe with PC3200 Kingston ram. How do you unlock the multiplier on this chip? We tried to run it at stock multiplier with 166FSB, but wouldn't take that. He would like to only run a fan like the Tt Silent Boost or something else quiet like that. What can this chip do? Thanks

P.S. heres the CPU-Z test.

Attachments

• xp2200cputest.gif
    xp2200cputest.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 122
What is the date code on the chip? If the chip is new (i.e. after 0339) then it is likely to be locked and can not be unlocked. Since you are using and nForce board, the fsb overclocking should yield good results. Remember to take small steps upwards in fsb and then make slight increases in voltage as needed for stability at higher speeds.

See this thread for information on locked/unlocked XP's: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=244237

Yup Tbred A - it wont be locked and as Emericana says around 2GHz on good air cooling (they were the first generation of the Tbreds and are not good overclockers).

I got all the numbers on the chip, here they are:

AXDA2200DKV3C 9269603260306
AIUGA 023SBPDW

Thats everthing, and you say its unlocked? When I change the multipiler it boots, but doesn't change the clock speed... Why is this so?

Do you have the latest bios (1007) installed for the motherboard. Be careful, there are two versions for different board revisions?

Can you select a lower multiplier (perhaps 10 or 11) and have the speed change take effect? If higher multipliers do not work, but lower ones do, then you are slightly limited in overclocking options, but not too badly. With LOWER multipliers available, you can work with a 166 or even 200MHz fsb and a lower multiplier to get a higher overall clock speed. Try the 166 fsb and an 11.5 or 12 multiplier.

I suppose that it is possible that the 0235 is locked. I think that it was in later weeks that people discovered the T-bred A's were unlocked. My unlocked 1800+ Tbred A is an 0249 and I do not recall hearing about unlocked cpu's much before that.

Since your nForce board has an agp/pci lock, you should set the agp frequency to 66 and try increasing your fsb in small increments at the stock multiplier. You will likely have to increase the cpu core voltage as you move up in fsb. Given the early date on the 2200+, it may not overclock by more than 200MHz (around 150MHz fsb).

Lastly, due to the energy draining effects of his personality, make sure the system is at least 2000km away from John Howard :D

Cheers.

Back