• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

worth changing from XP2100+ to XP3200+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demon Keeler

Registered
hey guys! I've been running my 2100+T-Bred B @ 2.2 for quiet some time now and am very happy with it's performance but I'd like to upgrade my daughters XP1800+ to something a little quicker and was thinking of sticking my 2100+ into her pc. My question is ...... if I stick in a 3200+ into my pc would I notice a performance boost? even though my 2100 is running at the same speed as the 3200's (2.2Ghz) would going from 266 to 400 Mhz and the extra cache make much difference?

it would be a nice step. can you board support the mobile chips it so grab a mobile 2500 and clock it to 2.5Ghz. if not that 3200 you could probly clock to 2.3Ghz maybe lil more.

Welcome To The Forum

The 3200 will be slightly faster because of the 512kb level 2 cache compared to the 256kb level 2 cache to the T-Bred.

The mobiles are insane overclockers now. Maybe you want to consider getting a mobile barton instead.

yes definitely get a mobile barton if you are into overclocking, it will probably cost you much less and end up with a higher overclock than a 3200+ with all the cache etc...

Demon Keeler
mobile 2500+ is better than desktop 3200+
if you are looking for the prize get mobile 2500+ it will do 2.5ghz easly
but if you are looking for the performance get A64
A64 is 25% faster than barton at the same clock
that mean that high overclocked mobile barton at 2.8~2.9ghz will be as fast as 2.2 ghz A64
dont wast your time get the A64

If you are not on a budget, start looking into the socket 939 AMD 64's that are coming out shortly. If you need to stay within a lower budget, get that 2500 mobile barton NOW!

Back