• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keep Desktop 2600 Barton or get 2600 Mobile chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If u can only get 2083 mhz, which i understand why cuss its a locked cpu, then going to a 2600 Mobile would be alot better cuss you could prob get 2.5ghz and up.

Athlo Im trying to decide to keep my Unlocked 2500+ or go to a 2600 Mobile, altho Iv decited now that it isnt worth the $100, im ganna save up some more for a A64 system.

the thing is here, i'd be sending my 2600 desktop cpu off with another computer i'm building. essentially getting a mobile chip for free!

ack....well computer parts got ordered before i could change CPU. as it stands now i get my choice between my current 2600 thats topping out around 195fsb, 2.26ghz 1.875v, ooorrr i can get a new Barton2500 Desktop (d'oh no mobile, and prolly locked mutli).

Well it will prolly be here tomorow or wed. what todo, what todo?

The new 2500 should do better than that 2600. [email protected] is not that good. Most newer Bartons can do 2.2 @ default. Since you have DDR400 memory, you could probably get the FSB at least to 210, which would give you about 2.3GHz.

I have a new desktop Barton 2500 that really sucks. It's fine at stock speeds but that's about it. It a AQZFA 0411WPMW

I tried to overclock it to 3200+ speeds and it won't do it at any voltage up to 1.85. 1.85 is about my limit. Oh well, my mobile XP2600 does 2500MHz at 1.725v.

well hopefully i'll have a day or 2 to run the 2500 and get some sort of comparison done. we shall see. personally the higher the FSB the better for me.

Back