• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Older Athlon 64 3200+ steping question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walldow

ok guys! got this chip give to me from a good friend here at the forums he's upgradeing his system. its an older stepping week 39 of 2003. just wondering if any one else has a simular chip and what kind of overclocks am i looking at? i havnt got my mainboard yet. i'm waiting for a nice nforce3 250 or VIA k8t800PRO board to be released nothing out fancys me as of yet!

ADA3200AEP5AP
CAAMC 0339RPMW
9445544I30178

the chip has never been overclocked and the heatspreader has been removed. i'll be useing a chilled water setup!

so what do you guys think? around 2.4-2.5gig max?

I think that similar processors max out around 2.3-2.4GHz on air. Chilled water, you'd probably get around 2.5GHz as you said, maybe 2.6GHz. If you can voltmod your board, it'll give you massive headroom.

It is a regular desktop A64 with 1 MB L2, based on ClawHammer and C0 revision.

The more popluar (for overclock) A64 ClawHammer with 1 MB L2 is the DTR model (mobile desktop replacement) with CG revision.

hitechjb1 said:

The more popluar (for overclock) A64 ClawHammer with 1 MB L2 is the DTR model (mobile desktop replacement) with CG revision.

yes i know about the DTR chips. but i'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. the chip was given to me buy a friend and i was just wondering what kind of overclock the chip was capable of. there for i dont think going out and paying $279 for a DTR and only getting 100-200 more mhz is worth the money!;) since i have this chip sitting before me, for free!

anyway, thanks for the info guys. now just waiting for a sweet mobo to be released? i hate waiting!:mad:

hitechjb1 said:

Heh, I'd hardly say more popular. I only know two people including myself that own this particular processor. The C0 3400+ DTR seems a little more popular for some reason. But the A64 is still widely unchartered territory, and there is no known processor of choice yet.

Back