• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which would be better? 2500+ M or 2600+ M ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaxiKana

Im gonna buy a new mobo, cpu and memory this summer, well next month. And I was wondering which chip should I go for to ge the best results? the mobile 2500+ or 2600+? I've read this forum a bit and from what I gather the 2500+ should be the way to go, correct me if im wrong.

Also for the mobo I'm thinking about getting a NF7-S, that's still the king, right?

I think both 2500+ and 2600+ overclock to the same extent. But IMO not all chips overclock and therefore I would go for 2600+ simply 'cos the price difference between the two is insignificant.

i would be more concerned about the stepping code than the rated speeds, all good steppings seem to get about the same.

check the results list... i would try to find an iqyha from 03, the new "a" chips and 04 chip generally don't seem to do as well.

The 2600's at excaliburpc right now are doing quite nicely ... I think they are IQYHA0351MPMW's. Get one of those if they're still around when you're ready to buy ... it'll treat you right.

MPMW code after the CPU production date usually gets people the highest clocks, no matter whether its the 2500+ or 2600+. I think excalliberpc has these codes on their 2600+ models. If you want the best chance of a great OC, that'd be the chip to chose

yeah, at the moment, Excaliburpc has the m-2600+'s "IQYHA:0351MPMW) " steppings.

i'm asking the same thing the original poster asked.

do ya think this would be a good buy then? 51st week from 03....

sound like a good buy?

Does excalibour ship internationally?

I live in Finland, so I can't buy from some stores. Also there are a few shops here that sell the 2600 and 2500m's. Buy they don't have the stepping listed on their site, so I should email them.

If you can, DEFINANTLY get the 2600+. My oc seems about average for my chip.
mobile.JPG

I bought the 2600 from newegg around a week ago, so far I have it running a little over 2600mhz on air cooling with a FSB of 220. Hard to beat for $99.00 shipped...

gize said:
I bought the 2600 from newegg around a week ago, so far I have it running a little over 2600mhz on air cooling with a FSB of 220. Hard to beat for $99.00 shipped...

What stepping and week did you get?

Same here Mustanely, its the mpmw stepping. kenshiro has a thread on it. same stepping. Got mine maybe a little over a week ago from newegg, my buddy just ordered one and got the same stepping as well, last wednesday from newegg.

The thing with newegg is that they don't guarentee steppings. I paid the small extra fee of $6 for buying from excaliberpc so i can be assured a IQYHA0351MPMW or w/e everyone's raving about. I say it's worth it. While the chip i get CAN be a bum chip and suck at overclocking, i think a mere $6 is a good way to help tip the odds in my favor.

I love newegg, though. They rule.

But does excalibour ship to northern europe? and what's it cost there? I've found a store here in Finland that sells one for 120€, which in my oppinion is pretty pricey.

Back