• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really Big Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

ok when i push the power button nothing comes on the screen but when i hit reset it will beep once and then the first screen pops up were you can enter the bios but the screen is coverd with white dot like things in a gridlike patern. it does not let me enter the bios or do anything. this is the first time using this comp, rig in the sig.

putting in the different video card fixed teh white dots, but it still freezes in the first screen, it sees the ram and processor then freezes... any ideas?

You need the 10/30 BIOS for the CG's to work properly. Can you tell if this is the version you have?

I meant the BIOS version. If you don't have the 10/30, you may have to borrow a C0 stepping A64 to get it loaded on.

There should be a bios version somewhere on the corners of the screen. Check it when it freezes.

One thing, you may want to contact Cowpuppy over at xtremesystems. He's got a Shuttle with a DTR.

ok it sais

Pjoenix - award bios V6.00PC, an energy somthing alley
(an50so25) nvidia nforce 3

02/09/2004-AN50-6A61CH29C-00

ok im assuming its not the 10/30 bios... but is it? also is there anyway to switch the bios without using a normal A64

I looked up the 10/30 bios reading, and it appears that it's the wrong bios, but I can't really tell. Go ahead and contact Cowpuppy, he'll give you the info you need.

EXCUSE ME! I was not doing the right thing here!

The 10/30 bios is NOT a true phoenix-award bios, but rather a modified AWARD bios for the DTR CPU. It is manufactured by AWARD, but Phoenix has not put in their part in the firmware. So, I would have no idea whether you have the right bios or not.

Back