• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newb ... please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

llcooljayce

Hey guys, I'm completely new to this overclocking thing but I have just gotten a rig that is designed to be overclocked. I have a ABIT NF7-S motherboard with the latest BIOS (revision 24), a Athlon XP-M 2500+, OCZ Dual Channel Series PC3200 EL 512MB (2x256MB) and a Vantec Aeroflow VA4 heatsink/fan.

The problem is that I don't know where to start. First off, my BIOS does not recognize the CPU and when I flash the CMOS, the memory shows up as 400MHz but once I go into it, it changes the speed to 266MHz or 200MHz ... how do I get the MOBO to recognize the CPU and the speed of the memory as 400MHz consistently?

Also, I have no idea what to change in the BIOS to run the CPU at a higher speed. Right now, according to SiSoftware Sandra, my speed is super *** slow ... like a P3 750 ... arghh!!!

Can someone point me in the right direction or does someone have a similar rig that could share your settings? Thanks in advance.

Jayce

Back