• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange 2500+ Barton OC problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murrayman

I've recently been using my AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton at 2090 Mhz, where as I was using it at 2135 (3200+ pretty much, ran at 200 FSB). I had to decrease the speed due to recent random reboots. Just a few hours ago, I cleaned all my fans, including my heatsink fan, cleaned the heatsink, and installed everything back the way it was.

Everything worked fine from there, until I tried to do a little more overclocking. I was using 190 FSB to get 2090 Mhz and bumped it up to 191, remembering how dirty the heatsink was, I thought after a hard cleaning, I might be able to get it back to 2135.

Then things got...uh...funky???

It got into windows, but when I tried to put it through prime, it immediatelly crashed. I put the FSB back to 190, and things were still strange. I put it back through prime and it crashed just a couple of hours later!?! Everything worked fine at 190 before I cleaned everything, and I had previously cleaned it with no such problem.

Refer to my first rig on my signature for the parts I have in this system. The barton is a AQYFA 0343 WPMW. I'm using the Thermaltake Volcano 11+ and have it at full throttle (4800 RPM fan speed). Does anyone know what the deal is here?

I put some Artic Silver 3 after cleaning it, and put on the right amount.

But I did forget about the voltage:p . How can I forget that??? I forgot that I set the voltage down to default (1.65V)...soooo...I need to put it back at 1.75V.

Thanks guys:) .

Back