• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prometeia & AMD anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

I was wondering if anyone is cooling their AMD cpu with a prometeia and if so how much better of an o/c did you get. Ive been thinking about getting one but just wasnt too sure what the deal was with them and amd's being that ive never seen anyone use one with an amd.

TheDude and a few other members and ex members of XS run their AMD's on prommie systems...TheDude was able to achieve 3G on a 2600M using a prommie...

So when compared to what youll get with an intel cpu the intel works better with it? Also what exactly is XS im sure its forum/web/etc but can you please give me a link. Thanks.

iuse a prommy.. i get 2.8 on my m2600 but my board wont go over 2v on vcore.. well see how it does on my nf7-s when i get it back from being through mod hell.

www.xtremesystems.org is what you were asking about.

creepy said:
So when compared to what youll get with an intel cpu the intel works better with it? Also what exactly is XS im sure its forum/web/etc but can you please give me a link. Thanks.

There is no better, just preference. In my opinion using a $500 cooling unit on an $75 chip seems kind of silly. I would most deffinately pair a prommy with an a64 3200...which I will be doing soon enough :D

Seems like the xp's bennefit least of all the major cpu choices now though come to think of it. I have seen many mobile 2400/2500/2600's hit 2.7-2.8 on air, but don't see too many doing much more than 3.0 or 3.1 under anything.

I've been running a prommy/2100+ which does just over 2.8 for 16 months now. Probably be swapping it out for an a64 in near future though.

Back