• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 2500+ on abit KV7 prob need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StoneRyno

I just built a new system for a friend of mine we have no o/c settings on the CPU (verified by looking in the bios).

Here is the cpu info if we need it.

AXDA2500KV4D TB36637A40036
AQZFA0402XPMW

i hope these are right as i wrote em down with a pencil instead of typing them in a doc.

Here is the prob.....

CPU is set to 2500 in the CPU operating speed. And power suppy is set to default. However dispite this the CPU according to the PC heath status screen the core voltage is 1.85v and its supposed to be 1.65v based on the default from power supply area and also according to specs.

What should I do to remedy this.

Thanks

bios might be just showing wrong voltage for some reson have you tried flashing the latest bios for the board? also what are the temps? if for some reason the board is pushing 1.85 volts to it the temps would be pretty high with a stock fan/heatsink!

Sorry forgot that info.... temps are real high.... Over 60c stock hsf.

BIOS revision 13..... latest is 14.

id try flashing the latest bios! might fix it? do you have another socket A chip you could put in the borad to see if it is the board or the chip itself?

have you tried reseting the C-mos jumper and starting over? or taking the chip out of the board and reseating it into the socket? somtimes mobos are funny and can do funny things when first installing stuff?

or if all else fails just set the V-core option to manual, and set the chip voltage to 1.65!;)

Ok I'll have him try the other stuff 1st before flashing the new bios or i'll meet with him to do so.

I didn't have all the parts that were going in the pc at my place so i put all but the hd and os on. It was discovered after running the pc for a bit that it happened. He is asleep right now so I won't have an update untill at least a day or 2.... If you can check back on the progress.

ya first just reset the cmos with everything thats going to be in the pc, installed. if that doesnt work try reseating the chip! then if you dont feel confadent enough on flashing the newest bios. just try setting the voltage manualy intead of useing the default option!

good luck and let us know how it goes!

I din't know if any of you are still watching this thread but all seems to have corrected itself without doing anything. Is there some sort of built in burn-in process in abits new mobos that perhaps does the increased cpu voltage for a period of time?

Back