• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton 2500 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rush69

Just got it today and once installed only multi's i see is up to 12.5 on asus nforce2 mobo. and in windows says unknown CPU type... is this how its supose to be ?

xc-axmh2500fqq4c (106gdi12)

is this good stepping?

tx

You have to manualy set everything on a mobile, or it will default to odd speeds. Unknown cpu type is correct, my 2600+ reads as that as well(-E Deluxe). You still get sse and all of that stuff.

You didnt list the stepping. You want the line under the one you wrote down. Like Aqyha 0351 Mpwm or something. You just posted the 2500 part it says on all 2500s.

amd.jpg

here it is... plz tell me if this is a good steping

tx

The AQYHA's and the IQYHA's are pretty much the only Mobile steppings available right now. There used to be IQZFA's as well as a few others, but they have sold for the most part.

Your stepping is fine, but it has been reported that the IQYHA typically gives better results. They only way for you to know for sure is to try it. See what voltage it needs to run 2400.

so far i can only get 180fsb out of it stable... :/ using 12.5 multi right now and its not going anywhere ... tried evrything so far vcore to max.. played with mem i got ocz 3200 v2 7x3x3x2 at 200fsb as specs say, but i can oly get 8x4x4x2 at 180fsb. will try 12multy maybe ill get better results to get to 200fsb

Don't run Vcore to the max. If your mobile is not getting more than 2250, the problem lies somewhere other than your chip. I would also set your tRAS timing from 7 to 11. I've heard of people having problems when that timing is set too low on AMD setups. Also try setting your CAS to 2.5. That often helps a lot on FSB overclocking.

well tried everything so far... and it looks like most stable is
12.5x180fsb 8x4x4x2 vcore1.575

if anyone got similar system specs like mine plz post ur settings...
asus a7n8x-dx rev2
2500+ Barton M
OCZ 3200 rev2

To eliminate RAM and mobo as potential issues run at say 9 x 200 to show that they are capable of running 200FSB. Also what are your temps?

i had a chip with the same stepping and it should be able to do 2.2 no problem. try 200x12, it should be able to do that no problem but i really could never get it any higher than that with that stepping :confused: right now i'm using one of the iqyha's and its working great for me ;)

I have same exact stepping,Its not the best overclocker but it should do 2300MHZ.First thing is to up the vcore,You have it at 1.575,go to 1.72 then try 11.5x200.Thats what my chip likes the best.Mine will not goto 2400MHZ stable even at 1.85 volts.The vcore your using got me to 200x11 but to go higher the vcore had to be raised.

crappy stepping. i have 2 of them:( my best one is the one im using now and it max stable is 230x11 = 2535 @ 2 volts on water. my other one would only do 2400 @ 2 volts.

well my temps are fine ,... cpu 34C and mobo 29C

i have tried 11x200, 11.5x200,12x200 with all posible vcore setting and ram timings i cant go lower then 11 well i tried 10 multi and it would lock up and then to get back on i need to reset bios...

i will try 9multi when i get home. duno what it can be, but ill play more with it and post my findings.

crappy stepping. i have 2 of them my best one is the one im using now and it max stable is 230x11 = 2535 @ 2 volts on water. my other one would only do 2400 @ 2 volts.

I have been thinking of selling this chip and ordering 1 with the stepping listed b4 you buy,seems like the 2600's have been getting a good stepping,maybe because they dont sell as much.Just a theory

well i have tried multi 9 and i noticed i can not go over 185... 190 is just no go... it might boot but will hang right on post... so i guess its my mobo? altought i have a7n8x-dx ver2 which is suppose be 400 fsb... is it possible that my bios ver causing this? i got v1.7 if anyone got same board please post...

Thanks

Back