• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 1700...unlocked???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yo4444

How do i tell if my cpu is unlocked or not? it is a 1700+
#'s on cpu are:
ax1700mt3c
agoga0204bpiw
1999amd
corner of set has 27111

I also have a 2100 and a 2400 and would like to check those if you all could instruct me how.
Thanks

it is locked- all palominos are. The 2100 if a thoroughbred is unlocked, if a palomino it is locked. The 2400 has a good chance of being unlocked. To tell if it is palomino or not, is the die a square or a rectangle? Rectangle is barton/thoroughbred. Square is a palomino.

help again.....

Thanks for the reply...greatly appreciated!!!
My 2100+ (LOLOL) sorry..it looks very slightly rectangular, but almost square...ceramic colored chip, not green..copper colored die.. #'s are
ax2100mtc3
agoia 0212spow
y7962420012...
Thanks....im a friggin idiot:D

Another way to tell if it's a palomino or thoroughbred is if (Palomino) the desctription and numbers are on the die, or if (Thoroughbred) there is a black label below the die with the information.

Its got info and #'s on the die..so i guess its a palomino,...lol, but its also got a white label with black lettering on the side of the die with the #'s 19-103-328/123130

to unlock it all you gotta do is fill the L1 pits with a non conductive material like a crayon then connect the dots with a conductive material..... ive done it many a times back in the day and it is real easy once you get the hang of it

Back