• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

clear water discoloration ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i never had that problem and im all copper/brass.
do you use any additives in your water?
are you mixing aluminum with copper ( i dont think this could be a prob)
are you using distilled water?

i doubt its the metals, and as long as its good distilled water, that shouldnt be the problem, im pretty sure i had a similar problem in my first week or 2 of watercooling, then it went away, i think it was some kind of coating on the metals that washed off or something, wait a bit

Actually I'm using the inovatek clear additive. The water looks fine to me, but I'm also using a braided clear tubing instead of the usual clearflex or tygon stuff so I cant really tell you how clear it is. I'm pretty happy with the additive though. I wouldn't say it turns the water chalky. Maybe it is slightly less transparent than normal water, but still looks fine to me. You might want to give it a try.

well, like I said I'm using the braided tubing so I cant really tell exactly how clear it is. Although in the cup that I mixed the additive, i have the leftovers from when I filled it last sunday and it is still clear. So maybe it is promising. Make sure too you flush your system well with distilled water. Especially the heatercore if it came from a car, since it might still have some kind of residue left in it.

you dont think that the oxidation from the brass and or the copper arent having any effects to this? i some how thing this is the reason, but i cant think of anything else.

i dont think so, even if it did some sort of oxidation, i dont think it would show in acouple hours. but thats what i think...

there will be a slight corrosion effect with brass/copper, but it will take a LONG time because their electronegitive are very close to each other. I doubt thats the problem in your case, most likely one of the components in ur system has something nasty in it and it took 2 - 3 days for it to solute in water.

im pretty sure that came from not cleaning out your heatercore becuase i had almost hte same thing happen to me

Back