• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

danner mag 3 vs hydor l30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

Which one for the CPU line and which one for the GPU/NB line?

Thanks
Froz

What waterblocks are you using?

My first guess would be to use the Hydor for the CPU line (less heat output, enough head) and use the Mag 3 on the GPU and NB because of their higher restriction.

On the other hand...geeze, that's a tough one.

Using the RBX for cpu and the maze4 for gpu. No NB as of yet but i want the system to be able to handle that.

Mag 3 for CPU. The Maze 4 has very little resistance, and the Hydor has little head. Get the Maze 4 NB block if you insist on watercooling it.

Use the mag 3 for both loops. That should simplify things. 2 loops really has no advantage, it just takes up more space and has more things that could go wrong, plus it is more expensive.

If you're just using two blocks, then just use one pump. I have a single Mag 3 running a White Water, Maze4 GPU, and NB. Two pumps seems a little unecessary.

johan851 said:
If you're just using two blocks, then just use one pump. I have a single Mag 3 running a White Water, Maze4 GPU, and NB. Two pumps seems a little unecessary.

I would normally just use one pump but i'm trying to put everything in an external box so adding additional length to the loop may be going overboard. plus I'm trying to get a few rads to add to the system.

thanks,
Froz

Back