• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aluminum boxes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueMan

Anyone know where I can buy a project box of aluminum in order to make an external cooling setup?

Also - do people prefer a setup that sits under your computer, or on top of it? I would think under, just for saftey's sake, but i'd like opinions.

Did you ever find a aluminum project box? If it is under where would you have the res? Gravity would make it difficult to top of the res.

A tool box is the only pre-made box I can think of. You can make one out of aluminum angle pieces and sheets.

Nope, I never found one. You can definitly get them online, but they're really expensive, and I wanted all sorts of special features (removable hinged side panel, a window, 2 holes cut, etc etc) so I decided to go with wood. You can see the thread for it here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=305392 (I'll be updating this soon as I've done alot of work on it. painted it black and more).

Back