• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why Does My setup SucK???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twitch579

Disabled
Ok i have just really setup this hole thing like 4 days ago and im a little upset at the temps, i have a Honda Civic hearercore a swiftech block and a quiet one 1200 (300gph) Before i had a thermaltake aqurious kit that was real shi_ty. With the thermaltake kit my idle temps were around 43 and load was about 53-55, now with the new and improved kit my idle temps are 44-45 and my load temps are 53-56, this i dont understand as for this is a way more powerful setup. This new setup is ran inline no res or t-line and my cpu is a newer loccked 2500+ week 47, my ambient temps are around 80f. i have inclosed a picture, the hoses are like all 3/8 i think or maybe 1/2, dont remember, but the water flows like crazy hrew them, there are no bubbles whatsoever and my blocked is lapped pretty good and im runnin OCZ Ultra 5+. i have 4 80mm fans on the rad in a push pull setup. My voltage is at 1.9 and my speeds are 2300 11x209. Im really not lookin for a better clock cause my board prob wont support it(biostar garbage)but im lookin for a better temps. :attn:
aaaaaaa.com.jpg

ANy suggestions would be apprec, thanks

well for one make a shroud for the fans. that would have to be 3/8" tubing since its a swiftech block. all that i can think of is make a shroud for now, like out of cardboard like i did. o and dont forget the duck tap also to hold it on and crap :p.

so make a shroud so that the fans pull more air and cover more surface area on the rad?

sorry i just have to say, it IS a honda radiator :p

ok moving on. The hosing should be bigger, 1/2 not 3/8. And a shroud is a nice idea also!

yes a civic dx B18C5 NA, what do u mean by to restrictive, u mean for airflow threw the fins?

Shrouds would help immensly. With those little fans, you're only cooling about 20% of the radiator's surface area (or less). Without shrouds, your fan only moves air where the blades are, the rest is largely unused for cooling.

Build the shrouds with about 1" space between the fan and the radiator, and with 2 fans on each side, like your's is, separate the two halves of each side...place a divider inside between the two fans on each side so they don't "fight" each other.
Hard to explain, but it's like having a fully seperate shroud for each of the four fans.

120mm fans would be better, but you can use what you've got for now.
Keep the tubing, even if it's 3/8" ID, it still should work okay.

Hey Twitch , I also noticed that your ambient temp is pretty high 80 f
(26.6 c). This coupled with no fan shroud and your radiator prolly wont give up a lot of heat.

ok i hear ya, im gonna attempt to built one tonight so ill post pics when i get a chance, thanks for the info, i think a shroud is the key to a few degrees cooler

still working on the shroud, 4 hours into it already. :cry: I hope this makes a difference

Back