• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

additives for the water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

i want my water to be blue without any uv lights and i also want it to glow blue under the uv lights.

i have already got the suggestion to get engine ice, but its just too expensive to order online. also the other one, i think its called wildfire fx and that too is expensive. my question was that first, is water wetter the best additive or are there ones that are better but not used casue they are too expensive, b/c i saw some other coolants at pepboys that were the same price as the water wetter and claimed a bigger drop in temps of the water??
-also, if i use blue anti-freeze, will the red water wetter get in the way of the blue color?
-how much water wetter is needed in the water?
-finally, is it too much additives in my water if i add first the blue anti-freeze, water wetter and this uv blue dye?? http://www.voyeurmods.com/index.php?action=item&id=641&prevaction=category&previd=23&prevstart=0

thanks

don't use water wetter.

blue antifreeze is what you need, otherwise green should blend in with the blue pretty well.

don't use water wetter x2.

k, i won't use water wetter, but blue anti-freeze? is okay or i mean good enough?? also, somebody told me that a good cheap way to make it uv blue is just to crack open a florenscent blue marker and drop the ink in the water and it will glow blue under uv cathodes? is the true/ ok to do??
thanks

Watter Wetter is a coolant additive NOT a coolant period. If you want to use water wetter you should mix it in with a 45/55 ratio of anti-freeze and water or with some other pre-mixed cooling product. Generally a cap-full for every two litres will do the trick. Also water wetter will give your coolant a slight tint; whether or not it's acceptable to you is your opinion.

As for the UV dye...well, I dunno. I think the other colors in the coolant may give it a dimmer glow, but that's just a guess based on my fairly limited UV light experience.

-EDIT-

I don't recommend that you do what your friend suggested. The ink in markers contain a whole bunch of gunk which can stain your watercooling components.

the dye in flourescent markers can mess up certain blocks - i believe one of these blocks is the dtek whitewater, but i'm not sure. try the search button for more, i know i saw a thread about this recently

k, so i won't do the marker thing, but i really want uv blue dye in my water, but i just don't want to spend 7 extra dollars just to ship some small water bottle. I should have ordered it earlier but my order from dtek has already been shipped

any other store (not online) where i can find some uv dye , doesn't have to be visbile blue since i will go with the blue anti-freeze

thanks

i asked the ppl at the auto store and they didn't know either, but when i looked at them,(not the prestone ones, but the ones made by valvoline, its in a red bottle) if you look on the side, where it shows how much is left inside, it is clear and you can see what color it is.

i´ve have read that certified Volskwagen and Audi vendors in usa sells blue antifreezer.
But i dont really know.

go to a vw or audi dealer and ask for their blue antifreeze. works beautifully and looks awesome. Im gonna post picks of my system later tonight so check it out before u spend money on dye.

Id get the tubing from danger den. its not totally seethrough, but IMO thats not a bad thing. it is blue and it glows blue. it cant really get cloudy persay, cause its not transparent to begin with. you can probably use water wetter or whatever else, not only cause it wont get cloudy, but the tubing is so blue it is not likely to take on a different color regaurdless of the water color.

i was thinking about that, but i really like the water flow look
-well, i think im just going to buy the dye, casue uv blue dye which is clear costs 7$ at voyeurmods.com(where im buying my tubing) and the visbile blue uv dye costs 8.50 shipped at ebay, so i'll just go with that,
-and i think im also going to try to get some blue antifreeze.
how much should i get??
thanks

just a note from my experience, blue uv die doesnt last long. ive tried acouple and they only last about 30min-2hours max before you have to readd it. i gave up and switched to green dye and i added about 5 drops and my tubes have been glowsing for months.

Back