• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone tell me about the new dangerden tdx silver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nocturnal714

The Lost Soul
anyone have this block yet and can anyone tell me how it performs? i know its a little pricey but it looks so cool :p

very interesting results...especially with the rbx compared to the ww...i'll have to look at more reviews. $52.95 ain't that bad.....

The S-TDX is a POS. Well, it's a POS unless you enjoy spending 75 dollars more for something that performs the same but with a higher pressure drop... You can do yourself a favour and ignore the Pimprig review, BTW.

A higher pressure drop compared to what? It is no different than the normal TDX except it is silver. I have the silver, but have not installed it yet. I'm waiting for the MSI or Asus NForce 250 boards to hit the shelves first.
Besides, pos? Hardly.

Shawn

govern1 said:
A higher pressure drop compared to what? It is no different than the normal TDX except it is silver. I have the silver, but have not installed it yet. I'm waiting for the MSI or Asus NForce 250 boards to hit the shelves first.
Besides, pos? Hardly.

Shawn
Higher pressure drop than the copper TDX... and the silver is no better performing. I knew it wouldn't be.. If DD made some modifications to take advantage of the slightly better thermall properties of the silver, it would have but they didn't and it doesn't. Just bling bling and that is all.

Blinded by the bling. Why does my ultra consumer powers draw me towards such things....must resist....hand away from credit card....copper good enough....oh God..../sigh

for about the same price as the copper might as well go with the dtek ww block. performs much better than the dangerden but looks cruddy. if one has time, they can lap it to make it bling bling :D

~0.5C. I'm not working it out exactly, but it's really small. pHaestus sports the opinion that the extra trouble (from the extra barb) makes the TDX better.

AngryAlpaca said:
~0.5C. I'm not working it out exactly, but it's really small. pHaestus sports the opinion that the extra trouble (from the extra barb) makes the TDX better.

Okay, then I'm definatly going with the TDX, because I really don't want to mess with the third barb, and I don't feel like waiting forever to get a white water either. Thanks for the info.

nikhsub1 said:
Higher pressure drop than the copper TDX... and the silver is no better performing. I knew it wouldn't be.. If DD made some modifications to take advantage of the slightly better thermall properties of the silver, it would have but they didn't and it doesn't. Just bling bling and that is all.

actually (as i suspected) pressure drop is tha same in both - at the higher figure for the TDX silver :()
http://www.overclockers.com/articles1027/index02.asp

pauldenton said:
actually (as i suspected) pressure drop is tha same in both - at the higher figure for the TDX silver :()
http://www.overclockers.com/articles1027/index02.asp

I think he was saying that he removed the plates to see where the difference in pressure drop came from, and once he had them removed they were the same. But with the plates in there was a higher pressure drop on the silver. He was just trying to figure out where it was coming from by process of elimination. I think :cool:

Myhre said:
I think he was saying that he removed the plates to see where the difference in pressure drop came from, and once he had them removed they were the same. But with the plates in there was a higher pressure drop on the silver. He was just trying to figure out where it was coming from by process of elimination. I think :cool:

"Users should expect the higher psi to be the norm rather than the lower copper block reading." (my bold)

seems clear to me that we should expect the silver result for copper blocks also..... (don't know why he hasn't ammended the copper review rather than the silver :confused: )

Back